Wednesday, November 16, 2011

IN THE VALLEY part 2


The Sunday prior to Josh being hospitalized, we had a guest worship leader, at our church, by the name of Matthew Duhon. The atmosphere seemed electric and alive. As we participated in worship, I missed Josh being with us at church, and wished he had been there to hear Matthew. He would have loved his vibrant, youthful energy, just as the other youth did, but I particularly wanted him to see Matthew. Matthew was, well…bald. Earlier in Josh’s treatment, his hair-loss was an extremely low spot in his journey. I wanted him to see Mathew sporting his baldness, boldly. Matthew was young and trendy appeared to have chosen his lack of hair as part of his cool look. (We learned otherwise earlierJ)

We sang many amazing songs that morning, some newer worship songs and some tastefully updated hymns. Among them was an updated version of, “Nothing but the Blood of Jesus”.  In the following days, when Josh’s was hospitalized, I awoke with that same song running through my thoughts. As the days went by, and Josh’s condition worsened, the song became louder in my head.

Your blood speaks a better word. Than all the empty claims I’ve heard upon this earth, speaks righteousness for me. And stands in my defense, Jesus it’s Your blood

What can wash away our sins? What can make us whole again? Nothing but the blood, nothing but the blood of Jesus. What can wash us pure as snow? Welcomed as the friends of God. Nothing but Your blood Nothing but Your blood King Jesus
Your cross testifies in grace. Tells of the Father’s heart to make a way for us. 
Now boldly we approach. Not by earthly confidence. It’s only Your blood.
We thank You for the blood. We thank You for the blood
We praise You for the blood. We praise You for the blood
Nothing but Your blood, nothing but Your blood King Jesus


In our family, we fully believe that nothing happens by, “accident”, even the songs that run through our head. At one point, in a passing thought, I asked the Lord why that particular song ran through my head…He stopped me in my tracks…I heard His voice clearly head and in my heart…”It is Josh’s blood that is damaged”….

 What can make (Josh) whole again? Nothing but the blood, nothing but the blood of Jesus.

To be continued…

1 comment:

Becky Dietz said...

Praise God for the blood of Jesus!!